Enjoy a More Beautiful Yard Using Fewer Natural Resources and Less of Your Time with Our Los Alamitos, CA Xeriscape Design
Los Alamitos, CA homeowners know that water is a major issue here in Southern California. Most summers the area is either in a drought or classified as "abnormally dry". That's not great news for the plants used in your traditional landscaping design. Balancing the effects of a drought with the needs of your landscaping is a constant battle. It's a battle that requires a lot of your time, effort, energy, and money, too. That's why more and more homeowners are turning to xeriscape for their landscaping needs. This eco-friendly landscaping process will add color and greenery to your yard without adding more maintenance or requiring more of our natural resources. It may be the right landscaping solution for your home, too!
What Is Xeriscaping?
Xeriscaping is landscaping with plants and other natural elements that don't require a lot of water. The word "xeriscape" comes from a Greek word that means adapting to a dry environment. That's exactly what xeriscape plants should do. In fact, the goal of xeriscaping is to eliminate the need for additional water resources altogether.
The plants used in the landscape should be able to thrive on natural rainfall. In some cases, though, plants may require a little extra watering for the best results. A lot of xeriscaping will focus on using plants that are native to the Southern California region. These plants thrive in our hot, dry conditions and won't need a lot of your attention. That makes them a natural, low-maintenance option for your garden. But xeriscaping isn't only using those native plants. You won't be stuck with a selection of rocks and cacti. The science of horticulture is producing some incredible xeriscape-friendly plants that offer gorgeous foliage and fragrant blooms throughout the seasons. New plants are being offered every year, too. Some of our favorite xeriscaping plants include:
- Crape myrtle trees
- Mexican feather grass
We carefully research what xeriscape plants are available so we know all the possibilities for your yard and garden. Our team of professional Southern California landscapers will ensure you are getting the best xeriscape plants that need the least amount of your time and energy. In the end, you'll have a garden that thrives in its natural environment.
What Are the Benefits of Xeriscaping?
- Less water. Water is an important natural resource and a precious one here in Southern California. Xeriscape plants require less water to grow and thrive in our hot and dry climate. You should need to do minimal--if any--additional watering to your landscaping.
- Less time. There is no need to baby along xeriscape plants. This category of plants is a lot more "set it and forget it". So while they'll still need the occasional pruning, watering, or fertilizing, you'll notice a sharp decrease in how much time you spend making them look good.
- Less money. When your plants don't need as much water, you aren't spending as much on your monthly water bill. And when your plants are thriving despite the hot Southern California sun, then you aren't paying to replace them over and over. That means you'll save money in the long term on your landscaping budget, too.
- Fewer chemicals. A lot of homeowners turn to chemical to keep their landscaping looking full and fresh. Unfortunately, whatever chemicals you use in your yard can run off into the groundwater. Because xeriscaping thrives under natural conditions, there is no need to use excessive pesticides and fertilizers to keep your garden looking great.
Lots of options. There are so many gorgeous xeriscape plants to choose from now! Gone are the days of a tiny selection of uninspiring, spiky plants. Today's xeriscaping can look every bit as lush, colorful, and vibrant as any other form of landscaping out there.
Our Team Can Handle All Your Xeriscaping Needs
Like the idea of incorporating xeriscape plants into your Los Alamitos, CA landscaping? Let our team handle the job. We specialize in full-service landscaping design and construction. That means we can handle every part of the job from start to finish. Our team will take time to learn more about your vision for your yard, then develop a plan that makes those ideas a xeriscaping reality. Cutting Edge Landscaping offers:
- Landscaping design services. Our team can design your yard from scratch or work with your own ideas to turn them into a plan. We stay up-to-date on the latest design methods and find gorgeous inspiration from around the world. Our team will create a xeriscaping plan that will show off your home's personality and style.
- Landscaping construction services. Our hardworking landscaping construction team take our xeriscaping design and makes it a reality. Our teams work to limit the disturbance to the surrounding landscape as much as possible. That ensures the construction process is as stress-free as possible. They'll carefully craft your landscaping design with premium materials built to last for years to come.
- A talented and dedicated team. Cutting Edge Landscaping employes college-educated, highly talented landscaping enthusiasts. They are in this line of work because they love what they do! Let our team show you their passion for xeriscaping and other landscaping needs.
Our team can give you peace of mind about all your landscaping needs, starting with your xeriscaping design. Let us get to work on your Los Alamitos yard today.
Our Xeriscaping Specialists Create Appealing Landscapes
Xeriscaping is form of landscaping that requires little water to grow. While this sounds highly practical (and it is), xeriscaping can also be beautiful. Cutting Edge Landscape Design has turned xeriscaping into an art form by combining the science of horticulture to the beauty of plants and rocks that occur naturally in Southern California. Trees that require low amounts of water, cacti, artificial grass, and more amazing elements combine to create a landscape that is good for conserving water, great for busy homeowners, and easy on the wallet. Let us show you what xeriscaping could look like on your property!
“My wife Pat and I finally selected The Cutting Edge probably because of the owner, Matt. He kept in touch with us while we decided on the right design for our front yard. Once the job started Matt stopped by to direct his crew numerous times. The Cutting Edge crew were fantastic and worked their tails off. Bottom line, go with Matt and The Cutting Edge.”
Our Featured Work
View the best landscaping and design portfolio in Southern California.