Xeriscape is The Eco-Friendly Landscaping Option for Your Newport Beach, CA Home
Newport Beach is the perfect mix of classic California beach-town vibes and modern urban elegance. It's made up of ten neighborhoods, each one as unique and special as the last. They all have their own charming personality to discover with plenty to do to keep you busy! Newport Beach, California offers a huge variety of outdoor recreation such as fishing and surfing. But you'll also find sophisticated activities like wine tastings and tours of the local museums. You can spend many happy days exploring Balboa Island, shopping at Fashion Island, or relaxing in Corona Del Mar.
At the end of the day, coming home should feel as exciting as the vibrant oceanfront landscape of Newport Beach. But you don't want to spend all your time, energy, and money making it look that way. That's why more Newport Beach homeowners are using xeriscape design to create their at-home oasis. And Cutting Edge Landscaping Design is here to help you get it done!
What is Xeriscaping?
Xeriscape is a landscaping method that uses native plants to create exciting, colorful landscapes with minimal water usage. Native California plants will thrive in your Newport Beach garden because they flourish in this climate. They can thrive without much (or any) additional water, meaning they are drought resistant. Native plants also take less of your time, money, and energy to keep alive and healthy.
Native plants are lush, colorful, and full of interesting textures and shapes. Some of the native plants we've used in Newport Beach xeriscape projects in the past include:
- Blue flax, perfect for areas that get full sun.
- Douglas iris, which blooms in the spring with cheerful miniature iris flowers.
- Rockroses, which happily grow in even the toughest conditions.
- Mexican bush sage, lovely in lightly shaded areas when you want a pop of color.
- California poppies, ranging from pale yellow to fiery orange are always a crowd-pleaser.
But those are just the beginning! There are hundreds of other options. Cutting Edge Landscaping Design creates xeriscape gardens for clients all over California. We can find native plant combinations that look incredible, with all the color and visual interest you want to see in your garden.
A Low-Maintenance and Eco-Friendly Landscaping Plan
Water is a big issue here in Southern California, and that's likely to continue long into the future. By incorporating xeriscape into your current landscape design plans, you'll reduce water consumption. That's good news for the planet, but it's also good news for your wallet! You'll see a decrease in your monthly utility bills while your garden continues to thrive.
It's no wonder xeriscape is becoming more popular in Newport Beach and surrounding areas. It's eco-friendly, low-maintenance, and looks incredible. There are plenty of native plant options, too, so you can get the right mix of colors and textures. Talk to our landscape design team to learn more about which plants to incorporate into your xeriscape design!
Discover the Benefits of a Beautifully Xeriscaped Garden
- Low maintenance. Native plants need less care, meaning they'll thrive in your garden without too much of your attention.
- Less water usage. The plants used in xeriscape design love the hot, dry California climate. There is little or no need for additional water. That saves you time and money, too!
- Less expensive to maintain. Because native plants are hardy, you shouldn't have to pay to replace delicate or weak plants as often.
- Lots of plant options. We create lush landscaping that's filled with vibrant color and interesting textures, all from native plants.
Xeriscape is the perfect addition to your current landscaping plans. It can be easily integrated into areas around your pool, front walk, along a fence, or even to brighten and add interest to existing landscaping. Talk to a member of our team to learn more ways you can integrate xeriscape into your current landscaping design.
Our Newport Beach, California Team Does Xeriscaping, Start to Finish
We're passionate about helping Newport Beach residents create gorgeous gardens they love to spend time in. We can tailor our services to meet your landscape needs. Whether you just need advice or want someone to manage every aspect of your landscaping, we can help. We offer xeriscaping design along with many of our other services, including artificial grass installation, hardscaping, outdoor kitchen design and more. Tell us what your vision is for your yard and our team will take care of everything, from start to finish. From the first consultation to on-going landscaping maintenance, we take care of your garden so all you have to do is enjoy being in it.
We Can Design, Plan, and Create Your Xeriscape Garden
- Landscaping design services. We take time to listen to your ideas and then use them to create a landscaping plan that you'll love.
- Landscaping construction services. Our team works efficiently to bring your ideas to life with minimal disturbance to your existing landscaping.
- A knowledgeable and dedicated team. College-educated and passionate about California landscaping, our friendly and professional team is here for your landscaping needs. You'll love working with us!
We're a team of professional California landscapers who work hard to exceed our customers' expectations. We love delivering projects for our clients that wow them. Discover why more Newport Beach residents turn to us for all their landscaping needs!
“I was very happy with both the quality of work and professionalism I received from Matt and his crew. My backyard looks fantastic.”
Our Featured Work
View the best landscaping and design portfolio in Southern California.
Are You Ready To Bring Your Landscaping To The Cutting Edge In Beauty, Function, And Sustainability?
If So, Call Us To Get Started!
1. Manhattan Beach
2. Los Alamitos
3. Newport Beach
4. Long Beach
5. Palos Verde Estates
6. Redondo Beach
8. Hermosa Beach
9. El Segundo
10. Seal Beach